Here’s a quick summary of blockchain technology:
- Blockchain is a distributed public ledger which stores all transactions ever to have happened.
- It is immutable and accessible by anyone.
- Almost all cryptocurrencies have a blockchain.
- Transactions are split into blocks which are validated and secured by miners.
- Blockchain, more recently, has allowed the conception of smart contracts on platforms such as Ethereum.
- These blockchain-based smart contracts serve as a platform for programmable transactions, for example, ICO token sales.
Will blockchain finally set the Internet of Things (IoT) free with fully machine-to-machine, device-to-device communications that will deliver autonomous supply chains, sensor controlled smart...
Dubai recently announced that it is launching a cryptocurrency called emCash, that will be used through a mobile-based wallet called EmCredit. It will be the...