I was very impressed with ICON tonight. They seem to be doing things the right way. They’re very professional and know the types of things to talk about (developments, hiring) and what kinds of things they shouldn’t talk about (price, number of followers, etc.) The food was good, the drinks were good, and the people who were there seem very dedicated to ICON and the cryptocurrency space.
My takeaway feeling from the event tonight is that we are not going to be disappointed tomorrow. Keep your expectations in check obviously; This is cryptocurrency. But some of the details I was told by people involved in different projects definitely surpassed my expectations. I’m not going to go into those details right now because I don’t want to spread rumors or misquote things that they said. It was a loud room, and I may not have heard everything correctly. Don’t worry; we’ll get seven hours of information all about these things tomorrow.
A few highlights from tonight:
- Everyone got a weird little paper ICON man. I’m pretty happy about that.
- Min and team seem focused and what we’ve heard before about them being selective with projects appears to be true.
- At least one of the projects previewed is currently planning to have an ICO.
- At least one of the projects previewed involves countries outside of Korea. ICON is already spreading. This should alleviate some fears (read: FUD) that ICON will only ever be in Korea.
- There were probably three professional photographers there taking pictures all night. I’m sure they’ll start sharing a bunch of those soon on the ICON blog or something, and in the next few days, we’ll all be overloaded with pictures.
Anyway, that’s it for now. I’ll be (semi) live-tweeting as much information as possible from the actual conference tomorrow at 1:00 PM KST in Korea.