It has now been overtaken by Ripple’s XRP which also overtook Ethereum during the bearish market conditions of November.
The drop in Ethereum quickly fell below an expected support level at $140.
$140 to $128 was an important area of liquidity for Ethereum during the November drop. Price is currently meeting some support at $128.
The drop took place after a head and shoulders pattern formed as seen above on the 4-hour chart.
Head and shoulders pattern is a bearish trend reversal pattern.
While price broke below the neckline of the head and shoulders pattern earlier in the week, price consolidated along with the rest of the market until today.
Bearish movements across the market catalyzed the current sharp drop being seen.
- Ethereum had been bullishly outperforming since mid-December.
- A sharp bearish drop has resulted in Ethereum dropping to the third position in the cryptocurrency ranking by market cap with Ripple’s XRP taking the second position.
- The bearish drop quickly broke through an expected support level at $140.
- Some support is currently coming into play at $128.
- A head and shoulders pattern preceded the sharp bearish move.
Latest Ethereum News:
|DISCLAIMER: Investing or trading in digital assets, such as those featured here, is extremely speculative and carries substantial risk. This analysis should not be considered investment advice, use it for informational purposes only. Historical performance of the assets discussed is not indicative of future performance. Statements, analysis, and information on blokt and associated or linked sites do not necessarily match the opinion of blokt. This analysis should not be interpreted as advice to buy, sell or hold and should not be taken as an endorsement or recommendation of a particular asset.|